Frequently asked questions
When is a person addicted to alcohol?
We use the term alcohol dependence when at least three of the following criteria are present:
- inability to refrain from alcohol consumption,
- inability to control consumption,
- quantities of alcohol consumed are increasing (tolerance development),
- presence of withdrawal symptoms upon cessation or reduction of consumption,
- neglect of other interests,
- drinking continues despite harmful effects.
You can find more information here.